Dare to be GREAT | #1 Time Management & Goal Setting
Join Ghazala S. Khan and Ideas for Entrepreneurs for this inspiring workshop on mind and time management!
This workshop will help you understand different time management techniques and putting them into your daily life. After the workshop, you will be able to identify your high priority tasks, where to allocate most of your time, and how to use the different time management techniques to play your weeks and days efficiently.
1) Introduction to time management
What is time management? Why do some people get a lot done and others struggle?
- Time management is a combination of energy and mind management. We do not, in reality, manage time because we all have the same amount of time, but rather manage our energy at different times of the day and our mind and will power towards getting appropriate tasks done. Keeping in mind that our energy and will power is limited, prioritization is extremely important.
- You will understand why good time management is multi-dimensional and does not rely on tasks but rather the prioritization and the quality of tasks.
2) Roles and setting role-appropriate tasks
Which roles to I 'play' in my daily life? What does it mean for my routine and time management?
- Everybody takes over different roles, every day. Our roles define us, but we also define our roles. Knowing the idea of roles and identifying the roles we are playing in which situations helps us to gain control over our routines and on where we spend our time and energy.
- Different roles also imply different role-related goals. Different goals imply different tasks. We need to understand our roles to define our tasks and then to structure our day and energy accordingly.
- You will be able to identify the different roles you play and write down their essence. By that, you will be able to identify and set role-related goals.
3) The Four Quadrant method
How do I structure my goals and tasks? Why do some people struggle with prioritisation?
- The Four Quadrant method is a leading technique to prioritise goals and tasks for effective time management. Each quadrant implies activities and results we need to understand to apply the technique successfully. More precisely, we need to think first about the desired results to deviate different activities accordingly.
- You will have a vision on the goals and results related to each quadrant, to track where you spend most time and allocate your role-related goals effectively.
4) Introducing MITs – their role and how to build them in your everyday routine
What are my MITs – Most Important Tasks – of the day? Why should I identify them early in the morning?
- Most Important Tasks – MITs – are a crucial element of our time management and goal setting. However, we often do not now our MITs or 'forget' them over less important tasks and long to-do-lists. We need to remind ourselves early in the day about our real MITs which resonate with our roles, goals and priorities.
- You will understand he crucial importance of Most Important Tasks and will be able to differentiate between to-do-lists and MITs.
About your Trainer
Ghazala S. Khan is a teacher and a time management and communication enthusiast. Her background is in psychology and she is constantly looking for tweaks and techniques to improve one’s quality of life. Ghazala believes in prevention over treatment. She is convinced that by being reactive, we may find solutions to our problems, but by being proactive, we create systems that ensure success.
About the Series
This workshop is part of the series "Dare to be GREAT!".
Find all events and the entire line-up:
- 16 Nov: Time Management & Goal Setting
Highest performance at the right place – all about personal efficiency and mind management
by Ghazala Khan
- 23 Nov: Healthy & Effective Stress Management
Performing on a high level while keeping the balance – about the healthy side of the entrepreneurial journey
by Sonisha Kripalani
- 30 Nov: Public Speaking & Presentation
How to present in public with power – the right mindset, preparation and tools for one of the most desired skills today
by Samuel Poon
- 07 Dec: Leadership & Inspiration
Develop shared purpose, build engagement and understand what makes people tick to build high performing teams
by Hugh S. Todd
Terms & Conditions
To keep it short: You are our asset. We respect and protect your privacy and your ideas. We love you.
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM HKT
Full series admission $1,480.00 Full series admission EARLY BIRD $1,280.00 Single workshop admission $480.00 Single workshop admission EARLY BIRD $380.00
On sale until Nov 11, 2016, 1:00:00 AM
- Venue Address
- The Wave (10/F), 4 Hing Yip Street, Kwun Tong Hong Kong